Special Announcement! Rising Women Leaders is now on Patreon. Pledging $1, $3, $5, $25 per episode allows us to continue creating new content and fully devote ourselves to the mission of women rising in their unique brilliance. Become a Patron Today.
One of the things I loved most about sitting down to talk with Erin was when we touched on the topic of comparing ourselves to other women. I think one of the deepest wounds that can really be a challenge when stepping into true sisterhood and community is when we get stuck comparing ourselves to other people. It brings us right into the question of wondering, is there really enough for everyone?
How can we be so similar to each other, carry a similar mission and still be special and unique? These are just some of the questions we explored in this week's episode.
We also discussed our shared journeys of navigating chronic pain and how that relates to being an empath, Erin's definitions of a "starseed" and "priestess" and which plant spirits will guide you into a deeper embodied experience of abundance.
"Are people healed? Are people hearing the cosmic song? Are people vibrant and thriving in their bodies? Are people moving joyfully, dancing through their day to the grocery store? No! The job is not done and we need more people on the team!"
The universe would not give so many people the same mission unless it was a mission that was so big it couldn't be done by just one person...
In this episode we discussed:
- Erin's journey with fibromyalgia and isolation to finding her place in connection with the land, plant spirits and community
- When surrender is the most powerful tool
- Ancestral ties & cycles of the inner Feminine and Masculine
- The medicine of connecting with sacred land
- Healing in community
- Comparison & the limiting unspoken agreements between women
- Plants as Spirit Guides and which plants will support you to have an embodied experience of abundance
- The gifts of Kava
- Erin's definition of "Starseed" & "Priestess"
- How to have spiritual devotion AND a family
Stay in touch with Erin:
Yaya Erin Rivera Merriman is a Plant Spirit Medicine Practitioner, Ritualist, Goddess Scholar, Mother and Artist. Best known as the director of Active Culture Family, Erin walks a path of community stewardship and service to Gaia through her rolls as lead facilitator of the Medicine Mandala Green Magic Apprenticeship program, and as Priestess of Bridge Temple, a remote off-grid mystery school, healing sanctuary, culture farm, and library of earth magic located on sacred land in the Cleveland National Forest of San Diego, CA