"As mothers, we are the baseline frequency of the nation. I strongly believe that everything that is conceived of on planet Earth is because of the mother."
I'm so grateful to introduce you today to Myrah Peñaloza, clothing designer, mother, and Kundalini yoga teacher. I first discovered Myrah on instagram @myrahpenaloza and quickly fell in love with the intention, beauty and authenticity of her posts.
I followed along on the journey of her pregnancy and excitedly read her birth story after her daughter Soleil was born.
Myrah reminds us of the power we have to create change in the world as women and mothers and I'm excited to share her wisdom with you all today.
"Becoming a mother showed me what a BIG responsibility we have on planet Earth."
In the episode we discuss:
- How Myrah found kundalini yoga and how it changed her life
- The importance of personal practice as a yoga teacher
- What Myrah learned from her teacher Gurumukh
- The biggest lesson Myrah has learned from becoming a mother
- Balancing having a biz and a new baby
- How she navigated post-partum depression
- What women’s circles have brought to her life
- What's coming in her new line of Kundalini yoga gowns
Stay in touch with Myrah:
- www.myrah.yoga - Clothing Line
- www.itstimetobloom.com - Festival
- www.lalunasocial.com - Women’s Circles
Myrah recently followed her heart from California to Canada. She is a Clothing designer, Kundalini Yoga lover & educator, she is obsessed with banana pancakes, sharing tea, her 7 month old (on the 20th) daughter Soleil & women's circles. Myrah is the co-founder of Edmonton, AB based BLOOM Festival which is celebrating its 5th Annual production October 5th-8th. Her Kundalini Yoga inspired clothing line has been adorned by woman across the entire globe. She has also founded a women’s circle network that is in 5 different countries called La Luna Social. Myrah has been teaching Kundalini Yoga for close to 10 years and has taken over 900hrs of Yoga Teacher Training. She has led retreats around the world and is currently planning a retreat in Spain called The Bloom Retreat in February 2017. Her mission is to create space, opportunities and experiences to empower woman.